Simple Home Dashboard, Collector Module
This is a collection of Python scripts to poll your environmental data from a Netatmo device as well as filesystem and VPN connectivity status from a Linux system, and then upload it to an instance of InfluxDB. You can then use something like Grafana to visualise the measurements.
- Put your InfluxDB access data in the userpass_influx file. See also userpass_influx_example.
- Generate a API token for Netatmo by Creating an Application.
- Put your Netatmo access data in the userpass_netatmo file. See also the userpass_netatmo_example file.
- Modify your station and module names in Common/sensors.py.
- Run python ./ticker.py --netatmo. If it works, stick it in a Cronjob.
VPN & Filesystem Status
- To detect whether the VPN connection is up or down, the script polls http://icanhazip.com/ to get your public IP which is checked against a list of addresses. You need to create a list of valid public IP addresses in vpn_list. See also vpn_list_example.
- If you want to check filesystem status, make sure to edit the relevant mount point in ticker.py. By default, it's /volume1.
- To use the features, run python ./ticker.py --vpn --fs.
Questions, comments, rants should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.